August 14, 2007

Are we too late for the boat?


Lots of industries are taking a long time to embrace web 2.0 and the blogosphere, and as we try to buy our tickets to the blogging dinner cruise, I can't help but wonder if we've missed the boat?

I read an interesting blog written by Hugh MacLeod: Why we're all blogging less. I admit that I have noticed a lack of fresh blogs to keep my entertained on my lunch break... so that has to mean there's less serious content out there too. At work we're just now working out our social media game plan, so reading blogs like Hugh's makes me fear that we're a day late and a dollar short to this party.

I hope not... I'm so excited about the blog and the social networking we'll be doing in the coming months. Not only does it open up new opportunities for PsPrint, but it opens up new ops for me personally. As I said when I started this blog, it's basically my thoughts on what I've been up to at work and what I've been learning while thrown to the lions.

In case I didn't mention it, I don't have a fancy marketing degree. I have humble roots with a Theater Arts degree, focusing in dramatic writing. Now you see why I'm so apt to blog. We're starting to get some talk back from followers on Twitter, which is exciting even though it's very casual at the moment. Hopefully it'll open up some sales or marketing opportunities, but I'm not holding my breath.

Exciting, but a tad disappointing, is the fact the Shawn Collins over at Affiliate Marketing Blog has finally posted the session videos from Affiliate Summit East 2007. You have to sign up for the Real Deal summit newsletter, but it's a good idea to sign up for it anyway. I was a bit disappointed to see that the interview we did with the wandering camera crew isn't up, but I hope someday it will be. Just so I can point and laugh at myself :)

No comments: