October 5, 2007

BlogWorld - Las Vegas - Worth Going?


I've picked up that there will be a conference in LV next month just for bloggers, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it for a starting pro blogger like me to go.

If I do go, that makes the tally 4 times in 6 months going to Las Vegas. Three of which for work and one was my vacation this year. Had I known about all the conventions and such I'd be attending there for work, I think my friend and I might have decided on another destination for our vacation.

I digress... BlogWorld Expo seems like it would be an incredibly beneficial event for me to attend. Lots of great networking opportunities and a TON of useful information for me to get things off the ground here at PsPrint with our Social Media Marketing project that we want to get started on. I'd love to go, but realistic obstacles prevent me!
  1. It's not local so it requires a plane ride and hotel.
  2. Being at the end of the year we probably don't have the money in the budget.
  3. We're already going to Las Vegas in November a week or so afterwards for the National Association of REALTORS® Conference and Expo.
  4. Aside from my modest attempts here and another coworkers blog on ActiveRain, we haven't officially launched a company blog yet.

So what to do? I'd hate to pass up such an awesome learning opportunity, but unfortunately I don't have the money to go on my own... I'd have to ask the company to foot it. The price of attendance isn't all that bad in comparison to other shows I've seen attendee pricing for, but it'd be the airfare and hotel that would be the major cost.

I'd love to hear from some people who've gone in the past to see if they enjoyed it or not. Maybe enjoyed isn't the correct term since, well, how could you NOT enjoy yourself in Las Vegas? So, did you find it as beneficial as it seems and is there a great case to be made for going?

No comments: